Web Developer - Laravel (remote)
We are searching for experienced Laravel Developers to join our team on a permanent basis. As a Laravel developer, you will work closely with our Lead Developer and the design team to take ideas and vision and bring them to fruition.
We are looking to fill multiple new vacancies across Junior, Mid-weight and Senior. Ideally, we're looking for developers with commercial or agency experience with the ability to work independently and also as part of a wider team.
The successful candidate(s) will take on exciting projects and challenges using both coding and problem-solving skills to build and influence the business direction. The role is ideal for someone who enjoys solving complex business problems and gets satisfaction from making a difference in a small business environment. Day to day you will work on our legacy projects and also new projects custom built utilising Laravel.
Our preferred stack is currently Bootstrap + Laravel + MySQL with a mix of supporting technologies and our own custom common packages for certain projects.
Naturally, training will be provided to get you up to speed on how we work and allow you to settle into the role. The roles themselves can either be done remotely, from our Offices in South Woodham Ferrers, or a mix of both. Salary is negotiable and will be commensurate with experience.
- Collaborate with Developers and Designers in the creation of new features requested by clients for their system.
- Code in a structured and efficient way, document where required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of Object Orientated Programming
- Strong coding skills in MVC, Laravel 5-9 and PHP versions 7-8
- Understanding the importance of writing secure code
- Sound knowledge of API design; Experience with complex integrations with 3rd party systems
- Best practices Experience with MySQL, writing and optimising queries
- Able to work with MySQL databases; Experience of creating database structure for large and small applications.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience of taking a project from design through to completion
- Able to listen carefully and ask questions to fully understand and meet the needs of the client
- Ability to work collaboratively and as part of a close-knit team
- Experience in Git version control
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills that result in clear, robust, and accurate solutions
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Background in Full Stack Development
- ECMAscript 6+
- Test Driven Development/Unit testing/Automated testing
- Experience with Linux Service administration
- Experience with Cloud Services, shared and/or Dedicated hosting
- Experience with project management tools
- Experience with WordPress
- Ability to write fool proof documentation and update when required using own initiative
Back to Job Vacancies