Web Designer (remote)
We are looking for a Front-end UI/UX Designer to join our team on a permanent basis. You will be working closely with our development team to bring the creative vision to life.
The ideal candidate will have agency experience and be able to work across a range of different client industries with varying design constraints. This is a varied role split between both design and frontend development; being able to build the produced designs within the Laravel framework while being able to solve UI/UX challenges along the way.
Naturally, training will be provided to get you up to speed on how we work and allow you to settle into the role. The roles themselves can either be done remotely, from our Offices in South Woodham Ferrers, or a mix of both. Salary is negotiable and will be commensurate with experience.
- Producing UI wireframes and designs from brief.
- Work with stakeholders to gather feedback and update designs.
- Create original visuals and icons where required.
- Organise assets for internal and external use.
- Building frontend websites using Bootstrap within the Laravel framework.
- Solve UX issues with websites.
- Debug issues with websites and hosting.
- Work with third parties to gather assets.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong UI / UX understanding and creative mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Excited to learn new technologies and empathic with customer experiences / concerns.
- Proactive, structured, attention to detail and comfortable with remote work.
- Able to follow and expand on given brief from scratch.
- Able to do UI design / video editing / image editing / technical writing.
- Basic understanding of web technologies / UX / UI / Animation / CSS handover to develop.
- General debugging skills – able to think about problems methodically and logically.
- Legacy knowledge of build tools.
- Able to administrate domains – transfers, DNS setup etc.
- Comfortable using command line for basic server admin/debugging of sites.
- Comfortable with CID builders – we use Jenkins
- Bootstrap 3/4/5
- Grunt, NPM, Webpack, Laravel Mix
- Able to use Git version control
Skills & Tools required:
- ECMAscript 6+
- Comfortable with remote work and Google docs / Google drive / Team / Video calls / Phone calls
- Comfortable with network administration in Linux servers – We use Kubernetes so ideally comfortable to SSH and running basic commands.
- Knowledge of domains and how to setup and transfer.
- Experience WordPress site setup and debugging
Back to Job Vacancies